Some people say budget treadmills are not worth buying or are not long-lasting. Besides, they also have very few functions. Interestingly, the best budget-friendly treadmills in this segment still have the highest sales, even though you can get good treadmills for $1000.
Table of Contents
Although many low-cost treadmills are available on the market, some are better and worth investing in.
Consider the value. Do cheap treadmills work, and are they worth it?
The Benefits of a Budget Treadmill
- It is comparatively easy equipment to use.
- With a predictable running surface, it is better than running outside as you don’t need the sidewalks, curbs, etc.
- Users can control all workout aspects, like speed, incline, time, and calories.
- These best budget-friendly treadmills have many features of high-end treadmills.
- These are great for home gyms like those push-under-the-bed treadmills and can have multiple users.
- Some of these are suitable for walking & jogging only but are excellent for that. One has no reason to buy expensive if it is needed for walking or jogging only.
- Some reviewers compare these with high-class treadmills costing up to $1500 and then give these a single star on a scale of five. Doing that is like comparing apples with oranges.
- These treadmills generally have a peak horsepower 2.50 and don’t even announce CHP.
Shortcomings of a Budget Treadmill
- Treadmills under $500 have fewer options for speed, incline, and preset programs.
- They will generally inform you about their peak horsepower instead of continuous horsepower.
- Limit their use of walking and jogging. Regular running should be avoided, especially by tall athletes, as these have shorter running tracks.
- These should not be used for more than 45 to 50 minutes at a stretch.
- The cushioned track surface might not be enough to absorb the impact of running on joints.
- They still are the most significant piece of exercise equipment in a home.
If you are ok with all these, you can buy one of the following, which will work wonderfully.
|Name of the Product||HP||Track||Manual Incline|
|Xterra Fitness TR150 Treadmill||2.25||50 x 16||3-Manual||10||250||460|
|Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T4400||2.20||49 x 15.8||Manual-5%||9||220||395|
|Weslo Cadence G5.9||2.25||50 x 16||2-Manual||10||250||287|
|SereneLife SLFTRD25||1.5||43.3 x 15.8||3-Manual||7.5||265||399|
|Exerpeutic TF1000||1.50||40 x 20||No||4||400||499|
|Merax L510C Treadmill||1.5||43.3 x 15.7||Fixed Inc||7.5||240||400|
|Efitment T012||1.5||47 x 15.6||15-Level Auto||9||220||429.99|
Xterra Fitness TR150 Treadmill – Best Budget Treadmill Under $500
- Warranty – Lifetime Frame,Motor- 1Yr, Deck, Parts & in-home labor – 90 days
- Workout Programs – 12 preset plus Manual
The Xterra Fitness TR150 folding treadmill is one of the best in its price range for running, jogging, or fast walking. And for those looking for a low-cost home treadmill, this model is unbeatable. The motor has a power capacity of 2.25 HP, which is above average for an exercise machine at this price.
Some features are missing in this price range, which may make you want to invest more in a slightly better machine. This treadmill does not have built-in speakers, does not sync with fitness apps, and has no USB port. Also, the incline (only 3 levels) is lacking for those who enjoy it.
It is a steal for the price. Most Xterra Fitness TR150 reviews on Amazon agree. It’s an excellent basic home-use model, and the ten mph max speed should be sufficient for most runners. Who can use it? This is an entry-level model best suited for beginners or intermediate runners.
- Wheels for easy transport
- Folding deck for compact storage
- XTRAsoft cushioning prevents impact injuries.
- Dashboard accessory trays and tablet holder
- Assembly is quick and easy.
- No Bluetooth
- No room for POLAR or a chest strap.
- No USB port and no fan.
- Not suitable for heavier runners (250 lbs).
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T4400 – Best Treadmill for Home on a Budget
- Warranty – Frame – 3 yrs, Other Parts & Components 180 days.
- Workout Programs – 9 preset plus Manual
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T4400 is a simple, budget-friendly treadmill ideal for someone looking for a walking treadmill with relatively good construction. It also has a manual incline.
The SF-T4400 treadmill has nine preset programs and a manual one. It has features like hand grips for a pulse, controls on handrails for speed, a soft drop system for folding, a safety key, a tablet holder, etc.
It can be easily folded up and stored after use. Lubrication oil and tools are also provided for maintenance.
- Good feature mix.
- Handgrip pulse sensors for tracking heart rate
- 3-speed buttons to quickly change speed.
- Shock absorption technology to reduce the impact on legs, joints, and knees.
- Handrail controls to start, stop and adjust speed.
- Two bottle holders and a media rack
- Narrow & short track for tall runners
- Weight capacity low
- Small warranty period
Weslo Cadence G5.9 – Best budget treadmill under $300
- Warranty – Motor – One year, Parts- 90 days
- Workout Programs – 6 preset plus Manual
This treadmill has Comfort Cell cushioning to reduce shock and joint impact. This reduces your body’s impact compared to concrete or asphalt running.
This treadmill’s LCD is blue. This display shows time, distance, speed, heart rate, and calories burned during your workout. Because the LCD window isn’t backlit, you’ll need good lighting over your treadmill console to see the data.
The console has a tablet holder shelf that securely holds your tablet or personal device to display iFit workouts.
A certified personal trainer has created six Cadence G 5.9 treadmill workout programs. These pre-made workout programs should help you stay motivated to exercise.
Train on the Cadence G5.9i with iFit and improve your health and life. Connecting to iFit personal trainers and Bluetooth programs enhances your workout!
This treadmill has a speed range of 0.5 – 10 MPH and a good motor. You can change speeds incrementally using the plus/minus buttons, which is impressive for such a low-cost treadmill.
An excellent option for light jogging or walking.
- Very inexpensive
- It can be folded, and the deck can be flipped vertically.
- Bluetooth connects to iFit free for a month.
- Not for serious training
- The treadmill belt is thin, and the rollers are small.
- Deck cushioning is not as soft.
SereneLife SLFTRD25 – Best Budget Folding Treadmill
- Warranty – One-year limited warranty
- Workout Programs – 16 preset plus Manual
The SereneLife SLFTRD25 is the best budget treadmill with an incline. It is more expensive but has more features compared to its earlier avatar. It has a 1.5 HP motor that has been upgraded, a slightly bigger running surface, and a manual 3-level incline system. It has a relatively quiet operation and an aluminum frame with ABS side rails.
The integrated crossbar at the front base and its assembled weight of 74.96 lbs ensures enhanced stability during a workout. Transport wheels are integrated for easy relocation. When folded, its length is halved. The soft drop system using a hydraulic cylinder aids folding and unfolding. The running surface is too small for tall runners, but most can walk, jog, and run. The cushioned deck reduces joint stress while jogging or running. It has Bluetooth 4.0 with a range of 16+. With the help of the FitShow app, you can track your progress and share fitness goals online.
Time, Distance, Speed, Calories, and Heart Rate are all tracked on the console’s 5″ blue backlit LCD monitor. The heart rate is visible by holding contact grips during the workout. There are 16 preset workout programs.
It includes 2 cup holders, a tablet holder, a card reader, a USB port, built-in speakers & an MP3 port. The Slftrd25 has a 3-level manual incline system. The soft drop system aids in folding it.
- Its compact and foldable design allows it to fit into a small space.
- The 4-layer running surface is textured and cushioned for comfort and safety.
- The 5″ LCD monitor tracks time, distance, speed, calories, and pulse.
- Easy Assembly
- The tread belt is small for severe runners.
- Low motor capacity.
- Warranty time too short
Exerpeutic TF1000 Treadmill – Best Budget Treadmill 300 lbs & Above
- Warranty – Frame & Motor – 10yrs, Parts & Labor – 5yrs
- Workout Programs – Nill
The Exerpeutic TF1000 High Capacity Walking treadmill is the best budget treadmill for walking. In short, it’s a treadmill for walkers of any weight. The TF1000 has a lot of capacity. The 20 x 40″ track also includes handrail-based heart rate readers. It has a simple data screen but no workout programs. A vertical folding frame with transport wheels.
Exerpeutic TF1000 comes almost fully assembled. The owner must first mount the data monitor to the treadmill frame. Unboxing and assembly take about 30 minutes.
Exerpeutic treadmills have a high capacity for their price range. The TF1000 is the best budget treadmill for a heavy person and can carry 400 lbs. Extended handrails on this treadmill keep users safe while exercising. Unlike many others, this treadmill does not provide workout programs nor has an incline. The track on this treadmill is 20′′ wide (industry standard) but only 40′′ long.
This treadmill lacks a sound impact absorption system. Cushioning is less critical on walkers’ treadmills than on runners’ treadmills. The Exerpeutic TF1000 High Capacity Walk to Fitness Electric Treadmill is a powerful tool for “walking to fitness.” It has a short track, a low top speed, and no programming, among other drawbacks.
- Very good weight capacity @ 400 lbs
- Walking only Treadmill
- No Preset Programs
- Very Slow Maximum Speed @ only 4mph
- Short Track
Merax L510C Treadmill – Best Budget Walking Treadmill
- Warranty – 12 Months
- Workout Programs – 12 preset programs
It’s a compact treadmill that folds up for storage after use. Large cupholders provide ample storage. You can also dock your tablet in the holder.
The Merax L510C is anything but sturdy at 73 pounds. This means it’s easy to move around. It also has transport wheels. Connect your phone to the Merax L510C’s MP3/audio auxiliary port to listen to your favorite workout playlists. If you fall back, a safety clip you can attach to your clothes activates an auto-stop function. The handlebars have quick controls for adjusting the speed, which is limited to 6 mph.
The Merax L510C can only reach 6.2 mph, which is well below average even for models in this price range.
Although the Merax L510C has a ‘manual fixed incline,’ it is fixed at a slight incline and is not adjustable. It is so compact that it can only be used for walking, as demonstrated by the very weak motor and low top speed.
- It is a compact and lightweight treadmill perfect for walking.
- It has a fixed incline
- It is not a very silent treadmill.
- The treadmill shakes if you run on it.
- There are various service-related complaints about the treadmill.
Efitment T012 Treadmill – Best Budget Incline Treadmill
- Warranty – Frame: 3 years, Parts: 90 days
- Workout Programs – 9 preset programs
Based on the motor’s size and the tread belt, the Efitment T019 can be called a “light” treadmill, but it’s not light when it’s all put together. The metallic front base has transport wheels, so moving it is simple.
The Efitment T012 is a small running machine. It also has a folding frame. The deck’s base has a hydraulic cylinder to help you lower it.
The Efitment T012 treadmill has a 47′′L x 15.6′′W walking surface with a 1-ply rubber belt. It has four long silicone pads that absorb some shocks during the workout. Due to the lack of impact on your joints, walking or running on this machine is less painful.
Last but not least, the machine’s paint finish. All steel parts have a corrosion- and scratch-resistant powder finish. The machine’s logo and part number are printed in black and blue on the base.
The console on this Efitment treadmill has a large LCD. There’s a timer, a distance meter, an incline, calories, and a heart rate monitor. It has a step count that other machines lack. The display also shows the distance traveled.
Only miles and MPH are shown. Because the console is not telemetric, you must hold on to the side handlebar sensors to track your heart rate. There is also a timer, distance, and calorie counter.
- 15-level auto incline
- 0.5 MPH speed increments
- LED backlight
- Bluetooth for sound system
- Easily assembled.
- Low upkeep is required.
- No heart rate monitoring or online data tracking with Bluetooth
Do treadmill walks count?
If you can’t get away from work to run on the treadmill, an under-desk treadmill may be the answer!
An incline on a treadmill adds resistance, resulting in more effective muscle workouts. Visualize jogging up a hill while on a flat surface. Guess the impact.
Why run when you can use a treadmill? Your best bet is this affordable walking option. Its small size makes it ideal for small spaces in any home. Just get on and walk!
Treadmills burn overall body fat, including from around your belly, and can help you lose weight quickly.
Make sure your treadmill has a reliable heart rate monitor. This will be crucial in the future.
Suitable only for walking and light jogging.
Most cardio workouts involve treadmill running or walking. And you don’t need a fancy treadmill unless you are training for a marathon. These treadmills, despite their low cost, are adequate for the job.
A good treadmill workout will benefit your entire body. Improved cardiovascular system, fat burning, and core muscle strength for more strenuous exercises. Furthermore, a treadmill workout increases blood flow and oxygen circulation while reenergizing neural connectivity.
An adjustable treadmill with quality onboard workout programs is a huge plus. You don’t have to plan your workouts. The road works like that, right?
So you’re likely doing more sitting and less walking at your new at-home desk. It allows you to exercise without ever leaving your desk. This walking device has an LED touch screen to track your workout and remote control to change speeds while walking.
When buying a ‘cheap’ treadmill, you can sacrifice features but not build quality. It should rather be the best affordable treadmill rather than a cheap treadmill. It is better to understand your requirement first.
Why do you need it? For Walking, Jogging, or running?
If you need a machine for serious running, go for a higher-end model. These are good for walking, jogging, or occasional running only.
Are you a serious runner or only buying it to keep fit?
If you buy a machine to increase your stamina, endurance, or running time, this is not the treadmill for you. This is for severe walking and jogging, for weight reduction to an extent, for senior citizens.
Are you a first-time buyer?
If you have used a treadmill earlier, you know exactly what your new machine needs. Buy on that basis and preferably a higher-end model now.
How many hours a day will it be used, and by how many members?
If you continuously use it for over 45 minutes, buy a higher-end model. After every one-hour run, it needs a rest for about 15 to 20 minutes.