Horizon is a division of Johnson Health Tech, a global leader in the fitness industry. Their focus is on creating innovative and high-quality fitness equipment for commercial and domestic use. Horizon’s factories are some of the most advanced in the business. This is because they use a complex mix of automation and trained workers to make sure that their products are accurate and of high quality.
10% of Horizon’s products go through a thorough quality check that involves taking them apart and putting them back together many times during the production process.
Horizon Fitness is the go-to spot for reasonably priced home gym essentials. Horizon competes with companies like Matrix Fitness and Vision Fitness, which sell high-end treadmills for home gyms and fitness clubs beginning at roughly $2,500, by providing more reasonably priced options.
Benefits of Horizon Treadmills
- Value for Money
Most people shopping for home gym equipment will be pleased with the reasonable pricing of the Horizon treadmill. The T101 is the entry-level model at $599, while the 7.8 AT model is the most expensive at $1,999 with a five-year guarantee on components and two years on labor.
A treadmill with Rapid Sync Motor Technology is a great choice for high-intensity interval training because its motor can speed up and slow down more quickly than those of its competitors.
- Diversity in the programs:
You won’t waste time on a Horizon treadmill since they all include plenty of built-in workouts and the option to link to your favourite fitness apps.
- Large Capacity Raceway:
Horizon’s spacious track layout is a welcome amenity for runners. There’s a machine for everyone, with sizes ranging from 55 to 60 inches in length.
- Suspension with a Varying Response Time:
Because of this, you’ll get excellent shock absorption regardless of where on the treadmill you are.
Horizon treadmills come with power inclines ranging from 10% to 15%, depending on the specific model.
- Folding Capabilities:
Tight quarters for your workout? Your bases are covered with Horizon. Using the FeatherLight hydraulic mechanism, which makes lifting the treadmill into a vertical position a joy, you can quickly and effortlessly fold up any of their treadmills for storage.
- Exceptionally High Weight Restrictions:
Despite their modest weight and compact foldability, these treadmills can handle people weighing up to 350 pounds.
- Rapid Media Availability:
Horizon treadmills have built-in speakers and either a tablet rack or a holder that can hold several tablets in different positions.
Excellent Warranty Coverage: Horizon’s warranty packages are different for each model, but they are always comprehensive and put the customer first.
Drawbacks of Horizon Treadmills
- Thin desks
These treadmills have thin decks and though they are very quiet they are not as sound absorbing as some others.
- Small roller size:
A smaller roller size increases belt tension. In comparison to the much bigger rollers found on the Studio series treadmills, the Go series rollers are smaller at just 46mm or 42mm in diameter.
- Basic consoles:
Simple technology still gets the job done, so this isn’t inherently a negative thing, but it is something to think about.
You can rely on Horizon’s treadmills, which are both high-quality and inexpensive, to provide you with the cutting-edge technology you deserve. Horizon makes fitness solutions that are easy to use and get results, like custom interval training programs, powerful but quiet motors, and controls that only need one touch.
They have the Go series and the Studio series.
Let’s look into the details of it:
Horizon Go Series Treadmills
These treadmills are very user-friendly, with features like one-touch controls and quick assembly.
The Horizon T101 is a great treadmill to start with since it combines reliability, affordability, and style.
The Horizon T101 treadmill can achieve speeds of up to 10 miles per hour, making it ideal for a thorough workout in the comfort of your own home.
The T101 is good for walking & jogging workouts because it has a 2.25 hp motor. It can go from 0 to 10% incline and 0.5 mph speed increments up to 10 mph.
Horizon’s patented FeatherLIGHT lift makes it very easy to store because it has two hydraulic shocks that help lift and lower the deck.
Above 45 degrees, they maintain the deck’s stability, preventing falls. Along with the PerfectFLEX deck cushioning and the Sonic Surround speakers that are MP3 compatible, the pulse grip heart rate monitoring, and the COOLfit exercise fan, there are a number of other features.
There are 3 orange LED windows, an LED brickyard, and LED indications for your goals and exercises on the computer console. You’ll have 9 programming choices to choose from, including three goals (time, distance, and calories) and 3 routines to keep you on your toes (manual, intervals, and weight loss).
- Motor: 2.25 HP.
- Speed range: 0 to 10 MPH.
- Incline: 0 to 10 %.
- Belt size: 20 x 55 inches.
- Maximum user weight: 300 pounds.
- Warranty: Lifetime frame and motor, 1-year parts and labor.
- The setup is quick.
- Roll up for easy storage in between workouts.
- Included 30 exercise routines, a device holder, and Bluetooth speakers.
- affordable, with available rebates and financing.
- There are no touchscreens or on-demand learning options.
- Optional higher speeds and inclines are few.
- Might not work for those of us who are a little on the tall side.
When it comes to low-cost treadmills, the Horizon T202 is a top pick. The T202 is the middle model of a trio that also includes the T101 and T303, and it’s a good choice since it strikes a balance between price and functionality. Customers may obtain a fully-automated 12% incline, music playback through Surround Sound speakers, a dozen pre-set workout routines, and an Advanced Goal Center for mapping out their fitness journey over the long haul for less than $1,000.
The Horizon T202 treadmill provides you with everything you need for productive and comfortable home exercise.
- Drive Motor: 2.5 CHP
- Speed Range: 0.5 to 12 miles per hour
- Elevation Range: 0 to 12 % (.5 % inc)
- Running Area: 20 by 55 inches
- Belt Thickness: 1.4 mm
- Cushion System: PerfectFLEX Plus cushioning
- Console Feedback: Two 4-digit LED windows with alphanumeric display and LED brickyard workout profile
- User Programs: 12 program options with 3 targets (time, distance, calorie) and 4 workouts (manual, intervals, hills, weight loss)
- Advanced Goal Center offers 1-31 day goal training
- Speakers: Made for iPod with full controls; Sonic Surround sound system
- Chest Strap: No
- User Capacity: 325 pounds
- This treadmill has the added feature of being able to fold up very easily and quickly.
- The running surface of a treadmill is often cushioned to lessen the wear and tear on the body’s joints.
- The Horizon T202 takes up little room.
- This treadmill provides a lot of room for running.
- You shouldn’t expect to run very far on this treadmill.
- Aside from being far noisier than the engine, the fan also produces very little actual air movement.
Horizon’s new AT series of treadmills are designed for serious runners, while the GO Series, of which the Horizon T303 is the most popular model, is aimed at less dedicated fitness buffs. The T303 treadmill has everything you need to start a new training program at home. This makes it perfect for joggers, walkers, and people who have never run before.
With the Horizon Fitness T303 treadmill, you can get gym-quality exercise in the comfort of your own home thanks to its strong, quiet engine, solid, comfy base, extensive console, and several storage choices.
The PerfectFLEX deck cushioning offers the ideal blend of shock absorption and support, while the massive, substantial frame ensures stability even during the most strenuous workout sessions. You can also use the COOLfit fitness fan to keep your body temperature at a comfortable level while you work out.
- A 6.7-inch BrilliantView backlit LCD monitor displays essential fitness data throughout your workout.
- 3 continuous HP drive motor
- 0-to-12 MPH speed range
- 0-to-12% elevation range
- Running area measures 20 by 60 inches (W x D)
- 4-millimeter belt thickness
- PerfectFLEX Plus cushion system
- 7-inch BrilliantView backlit LCD display
- Sonic Surround speakers with MP3 compatibility
- COOLfit fitness fan
- Pulse rate monitoring hand grips
- 12 cardio, performance, and weight loss workouts with GoalCenter tracking
- Measures 34 by 58.5 by 76.5 inches (W x H x D)
- 350-pound user capacity.
- With the deck’s vertically-folding hinges locked against the console, it may be stored out of the way when not in use.
- Intuitive and well-illuminated control panel.
- 8 pre-programmed routines are included.
- This lightweight treadmill can handle users up to 325 pounds.
- Intense jogging or training may be too much for the engine with just 2.5 horsepower.
- A plethora of icons and buttons clutter the interface.
- Doesn’t have enough room on a 20″ wide device.
Horizon Studio Series
Superior treadmills are designed to accommodate watching live fitness courses and doing interval workouts.
If you’re looking for an engaging and immersive home exercise experience, look no further than the Horizon Fitness 7.0 AT Studio Series Smart Treadmill. Built with Bluetooth connectivity, it can broadcast aerobic courses and interval exercises directly to your own smartphone. The heart of this high-tech treadmill is a deck and motor from Horizon, which work together to provide a more challenging and productive workout than ever before.
- Motor:3.0 HP
- Running Area:20″x 60″
- Folding: Yes
- Top Speed: 12 MPH
- Weight Capacity:325 LBS
- Dimensions: 5″ L x 36″ W x 59″ H.
- Bluetooth’s customization options.
- Fast USB charging is included in the device holder.
- Speed and inclination may be quickly changed using the QuickDial controls.
- Speed and deceleration are affected with greater swiftness and less friction with the Rapid Sync technology.
- Room to run with a 20″ x 60″ belt. 325-pound weight capacity.
- Innovative 3-zone Variable Response Cushioning to support your stride at every phase.
- FeatherLight hydraulic folding and easy-to-use.
- The 3.0 HP RapidSync Drive System keeps everything moving along with consistent power and velocity.
- Deck impact is mitigated by 3-zone variable cushioning.
- FeatherLight Folding mechanism ensures it can be compactly stored away when not in use.
- Up to 325 pounds may be supported.
- Deficits in the absence of a touchscreen interface
- While it’s possible to integrate a third-party app, automatic control is not provided.
- Speed and inclination must be manually adjusted when using a third-party app.
Horizon Fitness seems to be making a move away from the budget treadmill market with the release of the Horizon 7.4 AT. A lot of new options are available in the latest model. First of all, Horizon Fitness is putting out a brand-new way to train interactively on the 7.4 AT treadmill.
It is built with a strong motor system, a thick deck, and a long-lasting frame. The motor and inclination motor of the Horizon Fitness 7.4 AT Studio Series Smart Treadmill are built to last and can thrust 500 pounds. Rapid Sync Technology in the Johnson Digital Drive System means that there will be no pauses or delays when changing the speed or angle.
- Ultra-responsive drive system allows for rapid adjustments to speed and inclination, ensuring that you’ll never fall behind in an interval training session.
- Motor:3.5 HP
- Running Area:22″ x 60″
- Folding: Yes
- Top Speed:12 MPH
- Weight Capacity:350 LBS
- Dimensions: 76″ L x 37″ W x 63″ H
- Deck Length: 60 Inches
- Screen Size: 8.25 Inches
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Contact grips, chest strap compatible
- USB port: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Water bottle cubbies: Yes
- Device holder: Yes
- Built-In Programs: 10
- QuickDial controls: Change speed and incline without breaking your stride or concentration.
- Programs: 5K, Calorie, Custom, Custom HR, Distance, Fat Burn, Heart Rate, Hill Climb, Manual, Sprint 8
- Sprint 8 program: Achieve maximum results in less time with our 20-minute high-intensity interval training workout,
- The machine has 12 settings that let you choose a low, medium, or steep slope.
- Works in tandem with other, third-party applications (Zwift, Peloton, etc.)
- The 3-Zone Variable Cushioning.
- Allows for weights up to 350 lbs.
- Lacks a touch screen and is hence not touchscreen enabled.
- When you use a third-party app, you’ll have to change the speed and incline settings of the treadmill by hand, since the app doesn’t do this for you automatically.
The Horizon Fitness 7.8 AT Studio Series Smart Treadmill brings the gym to you, so you can get a full-body workout without leaving the house. It’s made to work with Bluetooth-enabled devices you already have, so you can stream aerobic courses and interval exercises.
This high-tech treadmill’s deck and motor are Horizon’s most potent combo, and they’re only the beginning of the ways in which it can push your workouts to new limits.
With the high-tech Bluetooth and heart rate monitor strap, you can connect to Zwift and take your workout to a whole new level by streaming fitness classes or running in virtual worlds. A strong motor with Rapid Sync technology and unique QuickDial controls makes adjusting the treadmill’s speed and inclination a breeze.
Sprint 8 HIIT’s streamlined approach will help you smash your objectives. All of this is done on a strong 22″ x 60″ surface with three different layers of padding that can handle even the most intense workouts.
- 22″ W x 60″ L belt
- 4.0 HP Continuous DC motor
- 6mm Silicone belt
- .8″ Deck thickness
- 60mm – 46mm Tapered Rollers
- 4 Wheels under frame to roll when folded
- Open Footprint: 76″ L x 37″ W x 64″ H
- 375lbs max user weight
- 330lbs treadmill weight
- 15% Incline
- 12 mph Max Speed
- Feather Light Folding
- 3-Zone Variable Response cushioning
- Sprint 8 HIIT program integrated
- 33% faster response motor
- Bluetooth enabled to sync with 3rd party apps
- 16 Digit Alphanumeric LED 9.3″
- High Contrast Color TFT Screen
- Free Phone/Tablet app that interfaces with machine
- Accessory Tray.
- The quick-dial speed and inclination controls work well. Use it like a button, but without the hassle.
- Motor and frame are backed by an unmatched lifetime warranty.
- There are vertically locking deck hinges so that the deck may be folded up and locked against the console when not in use.
- This treadmill can hold up to 375 pounds of weight and weighs a total of 330 pounds. If you need to utilize the treadmill on the second (or third) level, its weight may be a consideration.
- LED Screen is inferior to competing models at this price point.
- Some applications may be more compatible with Bluetooth pairing than others.
Horizon Fitness is a leading producer of treadmills and other home gym equipment. Treadmills from this manufacturer are ideal for everybody, from novices just starting out on their fitness journey to seasoned pros looking to upgrade their home gym. Compared to others, the company’s prices are often more reasonable.
- What model of Horizon treadmill should I pick?
Depending on their objectives, that is.
For users of the treadmill with less expertise, the T101 would be better suited. The T303, 7.0 AT, 7.4 AT, or 7.8 AT all feature HIIT-integrated systems and programs if someone wishes to add it to their fitness routine.
On the Horizon Fitness website, one may see detailed product details and comparative charts.
- Are Horizon treadmills superior to competitors?
Depending on what each person requires.
Horizon doesn’t provide private exercise classes. People who wish to choose their exercise on a different fitness app and stream it to their Horizon treadmill may find this to their liking. Others, however, may enjoy the simplicity of using the pre-built programs.
Its treadmills might be less expensive than those made by other companies.
- Who makes Horizon treadmills?
The parent company of Horizon Fitness is a Taiwanese corporation called Johnson Health Tech.