Are you aware of protein isolates? Unlike Whey Protein Concentrate, Protein isolates are the purest form of protein available on the market. The whey is entirely in a processed form that helps lower the fat and lactose content of the protein. Thus, this makes it versatile for all types of bodies. This Now Whey Protein Isolate review is about one protein isolate brand that functions similarly to the above-mentioned process. Its biggest pack is the Now whey protein isolate unflavored 10 lbs.
Table of Contents
About the Company
The company has been providing natural products for more than 50 years. Now Sports Nutrition is a family-owned brand that believes in healthy living. They are responsible for creating and delivering natural products and supplements to improve the health industry.
The company’s mission is to encourage people to lead healthier lives. They believed in sustainable sourcing by applying various testing methods at all levels to maintain transparency. That’s why their testing and measuring go above and beyond. So, with quality and safety, you can rest assured.
Now Foods contributes more than 1400 products in various categories. To name a few:
- Green Foods, Herbs, Fiber
- Men’s, women’s, and children’s specialty supplements
- Pet Supplements
- Sports Nutrition
An Overview of the Product
Now Whey Protein Isolate powder contains vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients necessary for optimal health. It also has high-quality protein that is both absorbable and digestible for the body. It is naturally rich in BCAAs, making it ideal for active individuals. Its protein source contains essential amino acids like milk, soy, beef, and casein.
Now protein whey isolate is egg, soy, and sugar-free. It is Keto-friendly and Kosher certified. It is manufactured under GMP certification to ensure a quality product. Its creamy chocolate flavor improves taste and is laboratory-tested to check its stability, quality, purity, and potency.
Now Food’s unflavored whey protein isolate is most popular. However, Now Whey Protein Isolate Vanilla and Creamy Chocolate are also there. It is available in three sizes: 1.8 lbs, 5 lbs, and 10 lbs. However, the packaging differs depending on the various sizes available. The 5 pounds of Now Whey Protein Isolate is about $87.99 with 69 servings.
When it comes to its mixture, it dissolves quickly without being chalky or clumpy. Hence, it contributes an excellent taste to the blending. You can also use this product for baking goods to add a different taste to your recipes.
The product is best used for pre or post-workout, training, and supporting other fitness goals. Its protein goals help to keep calories low and nutrients high. It uses Xylitol as a natural sweetener; thus, its sweetness comes naturally. Therefore, it provides the highest level of assurance for athletes or sports trainers.
On the good side, it is less expensive ($0.78 per serving) based on purchasing a 5-pound box of Now Whey Protein Isolate Chocolate flavor compared to Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. Both products contain a similar protein percentage of 25g of protein. As a result, each serving contributes fewer calories, carbohydrates, and fat. More interestingly, Now Whey Protein Isolate uses organic stevia for sweetness. On the other hand, Gold Standard 100% Whey uses acesulfame potassium as an artificial sweetener for sweetness.
The product should be consumed as a food supplement only. It should not be used or consumed for weight loss purposes.
Now Whey Protein Isolate Nutrition Facts
- Serving Size: 1 Level Scoop
- Calories: 120 per serving
- Total Fat- 0.5g
- Cholesterol- 5mg
- Sodium- 85mg
- Total Carbohydrate- 2g
- Dietary Fiber- 2g
- Xylitol- <1g
- Protein- 25g
- Calcium- 160mg
- Iron- 1.3mg
- Potassium- 216mg
Main Features of Now Whey Protein Isolate
- High-quality protein
- Naturally rich in BCAAs
- Essential amino acid
- GMP Certified
- Egg-free, soy-free, and sugar-free
- Laboratory tested
- 3 attractive flavors
- Available in 3 sizes
- Great taste
- No sucrose or table sugar
Pros & Cons
Now Whey Protein Isolate has a lot of health benefits. It also has a lot of essential macronutrients. But there are some drawbacks too.
- High in protein: One serving contains 25 grams of protein, which is good for muscle building and repair.
- Low in fat and lactose: This makes it a good option for people who are lactose intolerant or trying to watch their fat intake.
- Fast-digesting: This means that it is absorbed by the body quickly, which can help you recover from workouts and build muscle more effectively.
- Unflavored whey protein powder: This makes mixing with other foods and drinks or adding flavor easily.
- Affordable: NOW whey protein isolate is relatively affordable, especially compared to other brands.
- Taste: Some people find the taste of NOW whey protein isolate to be bland or even unpleasant.
- Digestive issues: Some people may experience digestive issues such as bloating or gas, especially if they are not used to consuming large amounts of protein.
- Allergies: NOW, whey protein isolate is made from milk, so it may be unsuitable for people with lactose intolerance or allergies to milk proteins.
Competitors in the market
In addition to being one of the strong protein brands with positive feedback, Now Sports Whey Protein Isolate has faced many conflicts with the leading brands recently. It includes:
- Isopure Whey Isolate Protein Powder
- Body Fortress Super Advanced Isolate Protein Powder
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder
With 25g of protein per serving, Now protein powder is one of the high-value choices. It is more processed compared to whey protein concentrate. Hence, it helps reduce the fat and carbohydrate content of the powder. However, isolate is more expensive due to its extra processing formulation. It also comes with the additional benefit of being used in culinary dishes without affecting the final taste. But, Now Sports Protein Isolate is a clean product with an unmistakable flavor and a lower price. Furthermore, the product has received 4 or 5 stars from thousands of customers on Amazon.