Treadmill prices begin in the hundreds of dollars. Some people say these are not worth buying or are not long-lasting. Besides these, they also have very few functions. It is interesting to note that this segment still has the highest sales, even though you can get good treadmills for $1000.
Table of Contents
Although there are many low-cost ones available, some are better and worth investing in.
Consider the value. Do cheap treadmills work and are they worth it?
The Benefits of a Budget Treadmill
- It is comparatively easy equipment to use.
- With a predictable running surface, it is better than running outside as you don’t need the sidewalks, curbs, etc.
- All aspects of the workout like speed, incline, time, and calories can be controlled by the user
- Many features of a high-end treadmill
- These are great for home gyms like those push-under-the-bed treadmills and can have multiple users
- Some of these are suitable for walking & jogging only but are excellent for that. One has no reason to buy expensive if it is needed for walking or jogging only.
- Some reviewers compare these with high-class treadmills costing up to $1500 and then give these a single star on a scale of five. But doing that is like comparing apples with oranges.
- These treadmills generally have a peak horsepower of 2.50 and they don’t even announce CHP.
Shortcomings of a Budget Treadmill
- Treadmills under $500 have fewer options for speed, incline, and preset programs.
- They will generally inform you about their peak horsepower instead of continuous horsepower.
- Limit their use of walking and jogging. Regular running should be avoided especially by tall athletes as these have a shorter running track.
- These should not be used for more than 45 to 50 minutes at a stretch.
- The cushioned track surface might not be enough to absorb the impact of running on joints.
- They still are the largest piece of exercise equipment in a home.
If you are going to comply with all these rules then you can buy one of the following and it will work wonderfully too.
|Name of the Product||HP||Track||Manual Incline|
|Xterra Fitness TR150 Treadmill||2.25||50 x 16||3-Manual||10||250||392|
|Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T4400||2.20||49 x 15.8||Manual-5%||9||220||395|
|Weslo Cadence G5.9||2.25||50 x 16||2-Manual||10||250||287|
|SereneLife SLFTRD25||1.5||43.3 x 15.8||3-Manual||7.5||265||399|
|Exerpeutic TF1000||1.50||40 x 20||No||4||400||499|
|Merax L510C Treadmill||1.5||43.3 x 15.7||Fixed Inc||7.5||240||400|
|Efitment T012||1.5||47 x 15.6||2-Manual||7.5||220||429.99|
|Hurtle Electric Folding Treadmill||1||39.4 x 14.2||3-Manual||6||265||444.99|
Xterra Fitness TR150 Treadmill
- Warranty – Lifetime Frame,Motor- 1Yr, Deck, Parts & in-home labor – 90 days
- Workout Programs – 12 preset plus Manual
The Xterra Fitness TR150 folding treadmill is one of the best in its price range for running, jogging, or fast walking. And for those looking for a low-cost home treadmill, this model is unbeatable. The motor has a power capacity of 2.25 HP, which is above average for an exercise machine at this price.
Some features are missing in this price range, which may make you want to invest a bit more in a slightly better machine. This treadmill does not have built-in speakers, does not sync with fitness apps, and has no USB port. Also, the incline (only 3 levels) is lacking for those who enjoy it.
It is a steal for the price. Most Xterra Fitness TR150 reviews on Amazon agree. It’s a good basic model for home use, and the 10mph max speed should be sufficient for most runners. Who can use it? To me, this is an entry-level model best suited for beginners or intermediate runners.
- Wheels for easy transport
- Folding deck for compact storage
- XTRAsoft cushioning prevents impact injuries.
- Dashboard accessory trays and tablet holder
- Assembly is quick and easy.
- No Bluetooth
- No room for POLAR or a chest strap.
- No USB port and no fan.
- Not suitable for heavier runners (250 lbs).
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T4400
- Warranty – Frame – 3 yrs, Other Parts & Components 180 days.
- Workout Programs – 9 preset plus Manual
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T4400 is a simple, budget-friendly treadmill ideal for someone looking for a walking treadmill with relatively good construction. It also has a manual incline.
The SF-T4400 treadmill has nine preset programs and a manual one. It is equipped with features like hand grips for a pulse, controls on handrails for speed, a soft drop system for folding, a safety key, a tablet holder, etc.
It can be easily folded up and stored after use. Lubrication oil and tools are also provided for maintenance.
- Good feature mix.
- Handgrip pulse sensors for tracking heart rate
- 3-speed buttons to quickly change speed.
- Shock absorption technology to reduce the impact on legs, joints, and knees.
- Handrail controls to start, stop and adjust speed.
- Two bottle holders and a media rack
- Narrow & short track for tall runners
- Weight capacity low
- Small warranty period
Weslo Cadence G5.9
- Warranty – Motor – One year, Parts- 90 days
- Workout Programs – 6 preset plus Manual
This treadmill has Comfort Cell cushioning to reduce shock and joint impact. This reduces the impact on your body compared to running on concrete or asphalt.
This treadmill’s LCD is blue. This display shows time, distance, speed, heart rate, and calories burned during your workout. Because the LCD window isn’t backlit, you’ll need good lighting over your treadmill console to see the data.
The console has a tablet holder shelf that securely holds your tablet or personal device to display iFit workouts.
A certified personal trainer has created six workout programs for the Cadence G 5.9 treadmill. These pre-made workout programs should help you stay motivated to exercise.
Train on the Cadence G5.9i with iFit and improve your health and life. Connecting to iFit personal trainers and programs via Bluetooth enhances and enhances your workout!
This treadmill has a speed range of 0.5 – 10 MPH and a good motor. Using the plus/minus buttons, you can change speeds incrementally, which is impressive for such a low-cost treadmill.
A great option for light jogging or walking.
- Very inexpensive
- It can be folded and the deck can be flipped vertically.
- Bluetooth connects to iFit free for a month.
- Not for serious training
- The treadmill belt is thin and the rollers are small.
- Deck cushioning is not as soft.
- Warranty – One-year limited warranty
- Workout Programs – 16 preset plus Manual
The SereneLife SLFTRD25 is the best budget treadmill with an incline. It is more expensive but has more features compared to its earlier avatar. It has a 1.5 HP motor that has been upgraded, a slightly bigger running surface, and a manual 3-level incline system. It has a relatively quiet operation and an aluminium frame with ABS side rails.
The integrated crossbar at the front base and its assembled weight of 74.96 lbs ensure enhanced stability during a workout. Transport wheels are integrated for easy relocation. When folded, its length is halved. The soft drop system using a hydraulic cylinder aids folding and unfolding. The running surface is too small for tall runners, but most people can walk, jog, and run on it. The cushioned deck reduces joint stress while jogging or running. It has Bluetooth 4.0 with a range of 16+. With the help of the FitShow app, you can track your progress and share fitness goals online.
Time, Distance, Speed, Calories, and Heart Rate are all tracked on the console’s 5″ blue backlit LCD monitor. The heart rate is visible by holding contact grips during the workout. There are 16 preset workout programs.
It includes 2 cup holders, a tablet holder, a card reader, a USB port, and built-in speakers & an MP3 port. The Slftrd25 has a 3-level manual incline system. The soft drop system aids in folding it.
- Its compact and foldable design allows it to fit into a small space.
- The 4-layer running surface is textured and cushioned for comfort and safety.
- The 5″ LCD monitor tracks time, distance, speed, calories, and pulse.
- Easy Assembly
- The tread belt is small for serious runners.
- Low motor capacity.
- Warranty time too short
Exerpeutic TF1000 Treadmill
- Warranty – Frame & Motor – 10yrs, Parts & Labor – 5yrs
- Workout Programs – Nill
The Exerpeutic TF1000 High Capacity Walking treadmill is the best budget treadmill for walking. In short, it’s a treadmill for walkers of any weight. The TF1000 has a lot of capacity. Handrail-based heart rate readers are also included in the 20 x 40″ track. It has a simple data screen but no workout programs. A vertical folding frame with transport wheels.
Exerpeutic TF1000 comes almost fully assembled. To begin, the owner must mount the data monitor to the treadmill frame. Unboxing and assembly take about 30 minutes.
Exerpeutic treadmills have a high capacity for their price range. The TF1000 can carry 400 lbs. Long handrails on this treadmill keep users safe while exercising. This treadmill does not provide workout programs nor has an incline, unlike many others. The track on this treadmill is 20′′ wide (industry standard), but only 40′′ long.
This treadmill lacks a good impact absorption system. Cushioning is less important on walkers’ treadmills than on runners’ treadmills. The Exerpeutic TF1000 High Capacity Walk to Fitness Electric Treadmill is a powerful tool for “walking to fitness.” It has a short track, a low top speed, and no programming, among other drawbacks.
- Very good weight capacity @ 400 lbs
- Walking only Treadmill
- No Preset Programs
- Very Slow Maximum Speed @ only 4mph
- Short Track
Merax L510C Treadmill
- Warranty – 12 Months
- Workout Programs – 12 preset programs
It’s a compact treadmill that folds up for storage after use. Large cupholders provide ample storage. You can also dock your tablet in the holder.
The Merax L510C is anything but sturdy at 73 pounds. This means it’s easy to move around. It also has transport wheels. Connect your phone to the Merax L510C’s MP3/audio auxiliary port to listen to your favourite workout playlists. A safety clip that you can attach to your clothes activates an auto-stop function if you fall back. The handlebars have quick controls for adjusting the speed, which is limited to 6 mph.
The Merax L510C can only reach 6.2 mph, which is well below average even for models in this price range.
Although the Merax L510C has a ‘manual fixed incline,’ this simply means that it is fixed at a slight incline and is not adjustable. The fact that it is so compact means that it can only be used for walking, as demonstrated by the very weak motor and low top speed.
- It is a compact and lightweight treadmill perfect for walking.
- It has a fixed incline
- It is not a very silent treadmill.
- The treadmill shakes if you run on it.
- There are various service-related complaints about the treadmill.
- Warranty – Frame: 3 years, Parts: 90 days
- Workout Programs – 9 preset programs
Based on the size of the motor and the size of the tread belt, the Efitment T019 can be called a “light” treadmill, but it’s not really light when it’s all put together. The metallic front base is equipped with transport wheels, so moving it should be simple.
The Efitment T013 is a small running machine. It also has a folding frame. The deck’s base has a hydraulic cylinder to help you lower it.
The Efitment T013 treadmill has a 47′′L x 15.6′′W walking surface with a 1-ply rubber belt. It has four long silicone pads that absorb some of the shocks during the workout. Due to the lack of impact on your joints, walking or running on this machine is less painful.
Last but not least, the machine’s paint finish. All steel parts have a corrosion- and scratch-resistant powder finish. The machine’s logo and part number are printed on the base in black and blue.
The console on this Efitment treadmill has a large LCD display. There’s a timer, a distance meter, an incline, calories, and a heart rate monitor. It has a step count that other machines lack. The display also shows the distance traveled.
Only miles and MPH are shown. Because the console is not telemetric, you must hold on to the side handlebar sensors to track your heart rate. There is also a timer, distance, and calorie counter.
- 2-level incline
- 0.1 MPH speed increments
- LED backlight
- Bluetooth for sound system
- Easily assembled.
- Low upkeep is required.
- No heart rate monitoring or online data tracking with Bluetooth
Hurtle Electric Folding Treadmill
- Warranty – One-year limited warranty
- Workout Programs – 12 preset plus Manual
The Hurtle Electric Folding Treadmill is a compact and convenient piece of home exercise equipment. It’s a good option for those who want to stay active but don’t have time for the gym.
When not in use, the Hurtle Electric Folding Treadmill can be folded up and stored in a closet, and it has wheels for easy transport around the house.
Hurtle Electric Folding Treadmill’s 6 mph top speed should be enough for most users. Its 3.5-degree maximum incline lets you target different muscle groups. The treadmill has a built-in LCD display that shows speed, distance, calories burned, and heart rate.
It has a sturdy steel frame and a high-quality deck that can support up to 265 pounds. It has a safety key that stops the treadmill if you fall or lose your balance, which is important when working out at home.
Overall, the Hurtle Electric Folding Treadmill is great for home cardio workouts. It’s small, easy to use, and durable, with different speeds and incline levels.
- It can fit into a small space thanks to its foldable and compact design.
- Time, distance, speed, calories, and pulse are all tracked on the LCD monitor.
- Simple assembly
- The tread belt is small for serious runners.
- Very Low motor capacity.
- Warranty time too short
This treadmill is ideal for both beginners and those not very regular with their workouts, looking to lose weight or work out at home. My choice would be a low-cost option, a folding treadmill.
Do treadmill walks count?
If you can’t get away from work to run on the treadmill, an under-desk treadmill may be the answer!
An incline on a treadmill adds resistance, resulting in more effective muscle workouts. Visualize jogging up a hill while on a flat surface. Guess the impact.
Why run when you can use a treadmill? Your best bet is this affordable walking option. Its small size makes it ideal for small spaces in any home. Just get on and walk!
Treadmills burn overall body fat, including from around your belly, and can help you lose weight quickly.
Make sure your treadmill has a reliable heart rate monitor. This will be crucial in the future.
Suitable only for walking and light jogging.
Most cardio workouts involve treadmill running or walking. And you don’t need a fancy treadmill unless you are training for a marathon. These treadmills, despite their low cost, are adequate for the job.
A good treadmill workout will benefit your entire body. Improved cardiovascular system, fat burning, and core muscle strength for more strenuous exercises. Furthermore, a treadmill workout increases blood flow and oxygen circulation while reenergizing neural connectivity.
An adjustable treadmill with quality onboard workout programs is a huge plus. You don’t have to plan your own workouts. The road works like that, right?
So you’re likely doing more sitting and less walking at your new at-home desk. It allows you to exercise without ever leaving your desk. This walking device has an LED touch screen to track your workout and remote control to change speeds while walking.
When buying a ‘cheap’ treadmill, you can sacrifice features but not build quality. It should rather be the best affordable treadmill rather than a cheap treadmill. It is better to understand your requirement first.
Why do you need it? For Walking, Jogging, or running?
If you need a machine for some serious running then go for a higher-end model. These are good for walking, jogging or occasional running only.
Are you a serious runner or are you buying it only to keep fit?
If you are buying a machine to increase your stamina, endurance, or running time then this is not the treadmill for you. This is for serious walking and jogging, for weight reduction to an extent, for senior citizens.
Are you a first-time buyer?
If you have used a treadmill earlier then you know exactly what you need from your new machine. Buy on that basis and preferably a higher-end model now.
How many hours a day it will be used and by how many members?
If you are going to use it continuously for more than 45 minutes buy a higher-end model. After every one-hour run, it needs a rest for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Anil delights in assisting others in enhancing their health and fitness. Anil, a runner and blogger, has spent the past twenty-four years motivating others to lead healthy, fulfilling lives. Join Anil in his efforts to better the world.