A treadmill at home is a big deal, as it is a significant investment. But it helps the individual live a longer and higher-quality life.
When shopping for a treadmill, we consider size, deck size, and workout programs. But for the best treadmill for the home, its noise is an essential factor.
Table of Contents
But you will be surprised that most people overlook noise while buying a treadmill. A quiet treadmill for home is essential to avoid disturbing family members. It is more critical when staying in apartments so neighbors don’t get disturbed. So, consider the noise if you buy one for your home or office. It will help you work out more than usual at any time of day or night without disturbing others. A quiet apartment treadmill can be a great tool to keep yourself fit and fine.
Keeping this in mind, we have reviewed some of the quietest treadmills on the market.
9 Best Quiet Treadmills for Home
|Horizon Elite 7.8 AT||76 x 37 x 64||4||12||375||15|
|Nordic Track 1750||80 x 38 x 65||3.75||12||300||15|
|LifeSpan Fitness Folding||71 x 33 x 56||2.5||11||300||15|
|Sole Fitness F80 Folding||80 x 35 x 58||3||12||375||15|
|Sunny H & F SF-T4400||62 x 25.5 x 50||2.2||9||220||3|
|XTERRA Fitness TR Folding||63.4 x 29 x 51||2.25||10||250||3|
|Horizon Fitness 7.0AT Studio||76.5 x 36 x 59||3||12||325||15|
|Assault Fitness AssaultRunner Pro||70 x 33 x 64||No Motor||20||350||No|
|ProForm Carbon T7 Smart||73.5 x 35 x 57||2.0||12||300||12|
We start with the most quiet treadmill in its category. The Horizon Elite 7.8 treadmill is one of the best quiet treadmills for apartments. It perfectly suits all strides, fitness levels, and heights. It has a 4.0 CHP motor, a powerful motor that doesn’t make noise.
- It is built for home workout performance that can take up to 375 pounds. Apart from that, the running deck also features 3-zone variable response cushioning.
- Regarding the speed, the treadmill has a maximum speed of 12 MPH with an incline of up to 15 degrees. So, we get enough workout challenges to stay healthy and fit.
- The Rapid Sync Technology in this treadmill provides the most responsive drive system. The treadmill quickly changes speed and incline, ensuring a smooth and uninterrupted workout.
It is another quiet treadmill in its class with many features and quiet drive incline technology, having a 3.75 CHP motor.
- The NordicTrack 1750 treadmill has a user capacity of 300 pounds. The low deck helps the user to get on and off the treadmill effortlessly.
- It has a 12 MPH intelligent OneTouch speed control that you may adjust according to individual requirements.
- If you talk about the design of this treadmill, it is innovative and a space saver with EasyLift Assist. That means you can fold the treadmill easily after a workout.
- It comes with a 10-year frame warranty, two years parts warranty, and a one-year labor warranty.
This LifeSpan 2000i Fitness treadmill has a 2.5 HP continuous-duty motor. It is another low-noise treadmill.
- It has a 300 lbs maximum weight capacity. It has eight independent compression shocks to cushion the knees and other parts of the body.
- It offers a maximum speed of 11 MPH and 21 easy-to-use exercise programs.
- This treadmill comes with EZfold technology. It uses the hydraulic shock, which makes folding and unfolding the machine easy. Moreover, once you fold the treadmill, you can shift it to the desired location with the help of 4 wheels.
- It has a warranty of 20 years on the frame, two years of parts, and in-year labor.
- This Sole F80 treadmill is another quiet treadmill, even when it operates under a high load. It comes with a 3.5 CHP DC motor, with only 67 decibels of noise at 3mph.
- Moreover, this machine can take weight up to 375 LBS as it has a solid frame of alloy steel. It has sound-dampening features like a cushion Flex Whisper Deck. The feature keeps the treadmill operation quiet.
- The Sole F80 treadmill offers a speed range of up to 12 MPH and ten built-in programs on the console.
- It has six standard, two heart, and two custom programs. There are cooling fans, an MP3-compatible sound system, and a large 7.5-inch LCD workout display.
- The best part is that the company delivers a great lifetime warranty on the frame, motor, and deck. Apart from that, five years of electronics and two years of labor.
The Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T4400 is an excellent budget treadmill for non-professionals. It is not meant for running but it is a quiet walking treadmill. It has a shock-absorbing deck that results in a quieter experience. In short, it is a quiet treadmill with a 2.20 peak HP drive system.
- Designed for people having a maximum weight of up to 220 lbs with 49 L x 15.5W inches running surface.
- Moreover, it offers a maximum speed of 0.5-9.0 MPH and three manual options to adjust the incline level.
- It is made of alloy steel with an easy folding mechanism and soft drop system. It helps the user fold the treadmill for easy storage.
- It has a three-year warranty on the structural frame and 180 days on other parts and components.
The XTERRA Fitness TR folding treadmill is installed with a 2.25 HP motor. It is designed for the home environment to help the individual to stay fit and healthy.
- It is a durable treadmill built with a spacious belt and can take weight up to 250 LBS. It has transport wheels and an easy-to-pull knob for folding and unfolding that fits any space.
- It has a maximum speed of up to 10 MPH and three levels of manual incline.
- It comes with XTRASoft cushioned deck technology for maximum impact absorption. It keeps the body joints safe and the workout comfortable.
- It is built to last long with a lifetime frame warranty, one year on the motor, 90 days on deck, and in-home labor.
The 3 HP motor of this Horizon Treadmill is super quiet. You will not disturb the family members during workouts. On top of that, it comes with a gas shock on the back, which makes folding and unfolding easy.
- This treadmill’s maximum weight capacity is 325 pounds, which is undoubtedly impressive. A 60-inch belt and 3-zone variable response cushioning for good support in all stride phases.
- Regarding speed, it ranges from 0.5-12 MPH with an incline level of 0-15% in walking, jogging, or running.
- The frame is rugged and delivers good performance and high durability.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, three years of parts, and one year of labor.
This AssaultRunner treadmill is one of the best manual treadmills. It doesn’t have a motor, because of which it runs pretty quietly.
- The weight capacity this treadmill can take is 350 lbs. It has a shock-absorbing belt and very low friction.
- The maximum speed this Assault treadmill offers is 20 MPH with eight in-built programs.
- The machine’s low-impact design reduces the risk of injury during workouts.
- It comes with a five-year warranty on the frame and three years on the parts.
Proform Carbon T7 has a cushioned deck, significantly affecting the treadmill’s noise. It protects the individual while working and keeps it quieter. It has a 2 HP motor.
- The weight capacity of this machine is 300 lbs with 0-12% digital quick incline controls.
- It has a 10 mph maximum speed, suitable for walkers, joggers, and moderate-paced runners.
- Some other features that make this treadmill stand out are
- Two fans, a speaker system, a range of built-in exercise programs, two storage areas next to the screen, and an uncluttered console with a touchscreen.
- It comes with a ten-year frame warranty, one year on parts, and a labor warranty.
How to make a treadmill quieter?
Here are some ways to make your treadmill quieter:
- Choose the Right Location: The location of the treadmill is a significant contributor to noise. Choose an area with good acoustics.
- Use a Treadmill Mat: The primary source of treadmill noise is friction between your feet and the treadmill, also called impact noise. Using a treadmill mat can help reduce this.
- Lubricate Your Treadmill Belt: Keeping your treadmill belt lubricated can help reduce noise. If the belt is not correctly adjusted, it can generate irritating sounds. Keeping your treadmill belt lubricated and at the correct tension is also important.
- Maintain Your Motor: The motor is a significant contributor to treadmill noise. A new well-lubricated motor with the right power will be relatively quiet.
- Regular Maintenance: Like any machine, treadmills require regular maintenance to function correctly. Various components may need attention, which, if neglected, can increase noise levels.
- Your Running Form: Depending on your speed, stride length, physical weight, and running form, running on a treadmill creates noise.
The bottom line
These are some of the best quiet treadmills. These help you achieve your fitness goals and stay healthy without leaving home. You can walk, jog, and run worry-free on these treadmills. They don’t make any noise during these exercises.
They all come with a powerful yet quiet motor, a rigid body, and sound-reducing decks. So, if you plan to buy a noise-free treadmill for your home, look at the above list and choose the best according to your requirements.
Are newer treadmills quieter?
Yes, newer treadmills are generally quieter than older models. This is due to technological advancements, such as better motors and smoother belt operations. Some treadmills have features like Quiet Drive Incline Tech to minimize the noise. Curved treadmills, a relatively new invention, are considered the quietest as they don’t have a motor and are powered by the runner.
Are walking treadmills quiet?
Yes, walking treadmills are generally quieter than running treadmills. This is due to a few factors:
– The design of electric motors has advanced to reduce their noise to a near-inaudible hum.
– Material technology has also advanced. They can design belts and rollers to cushion the impact, which also helps reduce noise.
– The impact-absorbing rubber running deck protects your joints as you walk any distance and helps to minimize sound.
However, it’s important to note that the noise level can also depend on other factors, such as the motor’s speed and the base’s stability. So, while walking treadmills tend to be quieter, it’s always a good idea to check the specific features of the treadmill before purchasing.
Will my neighbors hear my treadmill?
Whether your neighbors can hear your treadmill can depend on a few factors:
Type of Treadmill: Newer walking treadmills are generally quieter. If you have one of these, it’s less likely your neighbors will hear it.
Flooring: Hardwood floors tend to carry more noise than carpeted floors.
Insulation: The level of sound insulation in your building can also affect how much noise your neighbors hear.
Location of Treadmill: If your treadmill is against a wall you share with your neighbor, they might be more likely to hear it.
To minimize noise, consider using a treadmill mat. These mats can absorb some of the vibrations and sounds made by the treadmill, making it quieter. Also, maintaining your treadmill regularly by lubricating the belt can help reduce noise.